This is what I do when I’m bored…decoupage drawer knobs and change them when I feel like it. I’ve decoupage the knobs for my tv console, coffee table drawers, study room drawers and kitchen cabinets. Most of the knobs were original, those that came together with my furniture. I simply unscrew them out, decoupage them and place them back in. It’s really quite easy to do so.
What I did
- Measure the knobs and cut some fabric into circles of the same size as the knobs or slightly bigger, depending on whether the knobs has a flat (same size) or curved surface (slightly bigger).
- Use Mod Podge to stick the fabric onto the knobs and then coat over the fabric with more mod podge.
- Wait for knobs to dry and coat it a few more times.
- Add Mod podge dimensional magic to give the knobs a slightly more 3D feel.
- Let the knobs dry.
- Finally, just to ensure that it lasts, spray the knobs with a clear acrylic sealer.
- Let it dry and it’s done!